ClearWater – the effective, low cost, washpad water recycling system for greenkeeping, grounds maintenance, small plant, machinery and vehicle wash-off areas
Probably the most cost-effective solution to washpad water recycling, water conservation and compliance with anti-pollution legislation. conforms to EU standard: EN858 EU Water Framework Directive
ClearWater – fully compliant and approved – watch the video to see how effective ClearWater is.
ClearWater is a silent, below-ground (safely out of sight) biological washdown water treatment and recycling system comprising tried and tested components utilising harmless micro-organisms to clean contaminated water from washdown areas. Requiring minimum maintenance and with exceptionally low running costs, each system offers performance and real value for money.
Washdown water may contain mud, grass clippings, oils, greases, fuels, pesticides and herbicides. Our system and harmless micro-organisms turn this toxic environment into clean water for re-use on the washdown pad, or it can be used to supply water features such as lakes or streams, without harm to wildlife.
Why go for a ClearWater system?
Established in 1967, we have many years experience supplying and fitting oil interceptors, washdown areas and sewage treatment plants. ClearWater was a natural progression as demand for a system to meet the requirements of current legislation and prevent pollution grew and water conservation became an issue. ClearWater offers you a biological washdown water recycling system that is:
• Below Ground: Less unsightly than other above-ground systems with the benefits of greater security, better frost protection and less prone to vandalism. The micro-organisms perform better too in the stable temperature beneath the surface.
• Safe: Located safely below ground provides the reassurance (particularly in hot weather) of low operating temperatures and allays fears over possible development of harmful bacteria. (As the Health and Safety Executive states: “There is a reasonably foreseeable legionella risk if your water system has a water temperature between 20 and 45 °C; creates and/or spreads breathable droplets such as aerosol; stores and/or recirculates water; is likely to contain a source of food for the organism such as the presence of sludge, scale or fouling.”) ClearWater systems are designed to operate below 20 °C.
• Silent: Listen to the other systems and then to ours. The only sound you hear from a ClearWater system is recycled water leaving the water gun!
• Affordable: Attractively priced, ClearWateris truly a low-cost system! With fewer moving parts (and less to go wrong), maintenance is minimal. Our micro-organisms offer exceptional value for money and, with low running costs, ClearWateris probably the most cost-effective system on the market to install, run and maintain.
• Safety Features: All ClearWater systems are fitted with safety features (often not fitted to other systems) to give you reassurance should a problem occur. An oil alarm alerts you (by visual and audible means) to any sudden influx of oil or fuel and an automatic shut-off valve operates to shut off flow. Power consumption is minimal with all electrical components supplied by standard 13 amp switched sockets fitted with low amperage fuses. This is usually by a post- or wall-mounted lockable, waterproof electric box or from switches mounted in an adjacent secure building.
• Versatile: Each system is tailored to your requirements, location and ground conditions. Varying tank layouts are possible to suit difficult locations and there are various options/upgrades of extra pumps and hoses, different water guns, pressure washer, larger final storage tanks, clippings barrow etc. to choose from if you wish.
What Do I Get?
The systems comprise purpose designed, compartmentalised tanks. These are leak free, corrosion resistant and are installed below ground (all you can see are the turret tops!). These tanks are fully guaranteed for 12 months following system commissioning and an annual inspection / service is offered. Each tank has various components fitted to complete the system, ensuring complete aeration throughout and effective operation. The total storage capacity in the standard system is 5000 litres of water allowing ample time for biological treatment.
How Does It Work?
Contaminated wash-off water flows from a purpose-built wash pad through a Primary Filter and then the Grass Trap/Sand filter, (both of which remove most solid matter) and enters the underground tank. Micro-organisms then break down the contaminants in the oxygen-rich environment, producing clean water and carbon dioxide. Water then passes through a large coalescing filter to the secondary storage for settling of any suspended solids remaining in the now clean water. The clean water passes to final storage and is fed by powerful, submersible pumps to water guns for effective wash-off. This wash-water then returns into the system for treatment.
For larger washpads where quantities of mud may be present, we recommend the installation of one of our large Silt Traps (pictured below).
What About Running Costs?
We believe that buying a ClearWater Washpad Water Recycling System with full installation, commissioning and pad build will be a sound investment. Not only will you have an attractively priced system but one that blends with the environment. Running and maintenance costs are important however. With few moving parts and less to go wrong than other systems, maintenance costs are minimal. An inexpensive annual maintenance fee is charged each year and one of our trained engineers visits to inspect and service the system, renewing filter and any other necessary parts. A full 12 month’s warranty (parts and labour) is supplied with each new system. Check if others offer such a comprehensive warranty and what their charges are!
Our micro-organisms have been produced specifically and exclusively for our systems for the work you are carrying out, i.e. washing down grass cutting machinery with all the contaminants (oil, grease, petrol, diesel and, not forgetting…grass!) Our micro-organism prices, however, are not expensive! (we have been told that we are far cheaper than some on the market!)
A ClearWater system uses less electricity than other similar systems, keeping your costs down.
Yet More Reasons To Go For ClearWater!
ClearWater options to compliance and water saving:
• Self-install package. We deliver the system, you install and build the washpad, we commission it
• An upgrade to an existing pad may also be possible
We offer complete flexibility with ClearWater. We can supply bunded diesel fuel stations, fertiliser mixing tanks, petrol and chemical storage, extra electrics for additional equipment can be added during the build.- in fact, a complete package!
Don’t waste water or risk prosecution – install a ClearWater system, recycling water from your wash bay for much less than you thought!